At WorldTravelService®, our highest priority is the safety and security of our clients. To that end, we:
- Continuously monitor State Department alerts so that we can inform you of any changing circumstances that may influence future travel activities.
- Provide up-to-the-minute Transportation Security Administration (TSA) updates.
- Alert you to any other issues that may affect your trip.
- Provide Travel24™ emergency support that you can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, no matter where you are.
Should you have any questions or concerns about travel safety or security issues, please contact your WorldTravelService® agent.
The best place to find airport security information is the TSA’s Traveler Information page.
Travel Safety Tips
Common sense is a good balm against danger no matter where you are. But when traveling, it’s smart to practice some additional safety measures.
- Get travel insurance. This simple step can really save you if you incur medical treatment costs while abroad.
- Get the appropriate vaccinations before you leave. For a full list of vaccines recommended by destination, see this list on cdc.gov.
- Don’t flash cash or valuable items. Be discreet to avoid being a target for thieves.
- Don’t keep your money or wallet in an easy-to-access spot, like your back pocket. It’s also a good idea to separate your cash, credit cards, and other types of money. That way, if you are robbed, you won’t lose all your money sources.
- If you’re taking lessons or being coached in any kind of risky activity (diving, bungee jumping, etc.) be sure to check the credentials of the instructor or person facilitating the event. Better yet, have your WorldTravelService® agent recommend a qualified provider to you before you depart.
Your agent will be able to inform you of any safety concerns particular to your destination. Feel free to call 800-676-3796 with any questions.